Cawthron provides client-focused practical solutions for all aquatic aspects of the Exclusive Economic Zone Act and Resource Management Act, based on a solid foundation of applied research.
Cawthron staff are sought-after for their ability to cost-effectively follow the consent process through from the application stage to the Environment Court stage.
Our capability in this area includes:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
- Assessment of Environmental Effects (AEE)
- Environmental Monitoring Plans (EMP)
- Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA)
- Predictive modelling
- Environmental monitoring (planning and design, sampling and reporting)
- Contingency planning (e.g. oil spills)
- Public consultation
- Peer review
- Expert witness.