Cawthron Institute Trust Board seeking new Trustee.
22 March 2023
The Trust Board comprises four statutory Trustees (Nelson Member of Parliament, Nelson City Council Mayor, Tasman District Council Mayor, and the Nelson Bishop), and six other Trustees to represent the ‘top of the south’ region. The Trust Board’s charitable purpose is to advance science for the benefit of Te Tauihu and Aotearoa New Zealand, with a focus on natural resources. The Trust Board approves the strategic direction of the Cawthron Institute, funds philanthropic/ community activities and appoints the Board of Directors. Cawthron Institute is Aotearoa New Zealand’s largest independent science institute, based in Whakatū/ Nelson.
We are seeking a Trustee with the following skills and experience:
• As a director or trustee or experience in any other governance role.
• Science, environmental or primary industry.
• Valuing philanthropic activity.
• Commercial or business.
• Communications with ability to work collaboratively in a Board environment.
• Strong connections/affinity within Te Tauihu.
The Trustee position is voluntary. The Trust Board meets five times per year; the level of involvement outside this is optional and varies with projects. Applicants from Nelson, Tasman, Golden Bay, Marlborough, Kaikoura are preferred.
Further information can be obtained from Elizabeth Bean, Trust Board Manager.
Those interested in applying for the Trustee position should email the following to Elizabeth Bean, Trust Board Manager no later than 5.00pm on Monday 24 April:
• A short letter summarising the skills and experience that they bring.
• Full resume detailing work history, relevant experience and qualifications.
• Contact details for two potential referees.