Group Manager – Ocean & Coastal Sciences
Role at Cawthron
Chris is the Group Manager for coastal and ocean sciences. His primary area of expertise is in coastal processes and the interaction between the physical environment and biological systems.
Chris is also a member of the Challenge Leadership Team for the Sustainable Seas National Science Challenge and leads the Precision Farming Technologies for Aquaculture Spearhead for the Science for Technological Innovation National Science Challenge.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Nutrient dynamics and water quality in coastal ecosystems
- Development of ocean data technologies
- Building high-performing science and tech innovation teams
- Fostering industry-science relationships
- Post-doctoral Fellow. Otago University, 2003-2005
- PhD (Marine Biology). University of South Florida, 2003
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Coastal Management Fellow; 1996-1998
- MSc (Oceanography / Coastal Zone Management). Florida Institute of Technology, 1996
- BA (Biology, Business minor). Drake University, 1991