Marine Ecologist – Benthic Surveys and Marine Contaminants
Role at Cawthron
Olivia is a marine ecologist in the Coastal and Freshwater Group. Her research experience covers a wide range of marine environments including:
- New Zealand ports
- New Zealand sub-tidal, intertidal and rocky shore zones
- New Zealand exclusive economic zone (NZEEZ).
In addition to this, her role at Cawthron has a strong focus on benthic surveys, sediment contaminants and marine soft-bottom communities.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Biosecurity Institute Award 2005
- Marine biosecurity
- Marine baseline surveys
- Marine invertebrate taxonomy
- Fisheries science
- Soft-bottom communities
- Sediment contaminant effects
- Marine benthic species
- Environmental impact assessment
- MSc (Environmental Science). University of Canterbury, 2005.
- BSc (Biology/Geology). University of Canterbury, 2000.
- PADI (Open Water Diver)