Team Leader – River and Lake Ecology
Role at Cawthron
Robin is a freshwater ecologist who is involved in a range of projects with a focus on macroinvertebrate biomonitoring and freshwater fisheries management.
His other research interests include land-use impacts on aquatic ecology and trout migration patterns.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Freshwater and marine invertebrate taxonomy
- Freshwater ecological impact assessment and monitoring
- Freshwater macroinvertebrate ecology
- Salmonid ecology
- Freshwater fisheries
- New Zealand Freshwater Sciences Society
- PhD (Freshwater fisheries and restoration). University of Otago, 2019
- MSc (Freshwater Ecology). University of Otago, 2007
- BSc (Zoology). University of Otago, 2004