Scientist – Environmental Impact Assessments and Monitoring
Role at Cawthron
Ross is an environmental scientist with a background in process engineering and geochemistry and has 8 years of professional environmental consulting experience in New Zealand.
At Cawthron, Ross’ work focuses on the areas of contaminant fate and environmental impact assessment. He has overseen projects for the assessment of effects from coastal reclamations, port developments and discharges (storm-water, municipal and industrial) to riverine, estuarine and coastal environments.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Environmental impact assessment and monitoring
- Water and sediment quality impact evaluations
- Permitting and wastewater discharge evaluations
- Field operations, equipment and sampling
- Benthic community analysis
- Dredging impacts and monitoring
- OSH certified scientific diver
- New Zealand Coastal Society
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- MSc (Water Pollution Control). Middlesex University, 1999
- BE (Chemical and Materials). University of Auckland, 1986