Māori Business Development Consultant
- Ngāti Awa (Ngāti Pukeko)
- Te Arawa (Ngāti Whakahemo)
Role at Cawthron
Shaun provides a liaison service between Māori organisations and Cawthron staff. His position was established in 2008 and is based on an understanding of how scientific expertise can best be used to support Māori economic and cultural aspirations.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Research born from, for, with, and by Māori communities
- Environmental fate of vertebrate pesticides
- Ecology of aquaculture systems
- Protection and rehabilitation of culturally important wildlife species
PhD (Ecology). Canterbury University, 2000
- Member of New Zealand’s Environmental Risk Management Authority (ERMA)
- Member of the New Zealand Ecological Society
- Member of the New Zealand Institute of Directors
Conferences and presentations
Ogilvie SC, Bowen LH, Eason CT 1995. The effect of the plant Myriophyllum triphyllum and temperature on the degradation of sodium monofluoroacetate (1080) in an aquatic ecosystem. Proc. 48th Plant Protection Conference. 1995: 260-263.